2.11.2011

Christmas, New Years & Appendix!

I know its a little late, but Merry Christmas & Happy 2011. Where to begin. John & I stayed home for the holidays. We had a nice relaxing Christmas just hanging out together...actually this is sad, but I don't really remember what we did that day.

Now counting down to the New Years was very lively for us. We chaperoned a HUGE youth dance. It was very different from when we were in high school to say the least. The music was so weird! I know we aren't that old, but they didn't play any of the old school songs we all use to "get down" to.

Well a week later John started another semester. He is officially half way through with his credits. We are anticipating he will be finished in 2013, but as we all know plans never stay the same. He is really diving into his major & couldn't be happier. He joined the Sociology Society!

While he is busy with homework, I keep myself busy reading books. I did read the Hunger Games & LOVED them. Jody Kilpack came out with another "yummy" murder mystery book...Key Lime Pie...& of course I had to read that. I was not disappointed at all. Now I am in the middle of EAT, PRAY, LOVE. I have to say I am having a difficult time getting into it. I am also trying new recipes. For Christmas Eve I decided Santa needed a change from the original sugar cookie, so I made chocolate dipped macaroons & oh boy did Santa LOVE those! Also for our work party I wanted to make S'more Brownies. I followed the recipe to the "T". Needless to say I won't do that again! Short story even shorter, when the directions say to put marshmallows 6 inches from the broiler, DON'T! It will catch on fire REALLY fast!

Now for the most recent event....John had his appendix removed Monday night! We just decided since it was only the two of us, we needed to mix FHE up a bit. Well it started early that morning he was feeling pain, but didn't tell me until it was pretty bad at 1pm. He told me he needed to go the doctors & I knew right then he was in a lot of pain. I dropped him off & went back to work. Two hours went by & I was getting really nervous. He finally called & told me to get the doc's office. Just a few minutes after I arrived, the surgeon came in & told us John needed to have the surgery right then. We drove the 30 seconds up the road to the hospital (thank you convince of small town!). He was out of surgery & spouting out all those funny "coming out of anesthesia" things by 8:30pm. I took him home the next morning. I am happy to report he is walking around, but still pretty sore. Heavenly Father has truly blessed us during this week.

OK so that was a long post I know, but I have been putting it off for so long. By the way, we are still covered with snow & ice! We hope everyone is having a great year so far! Love ya.




1 comment:

The Rileys said...

I really like the picture of the 'smore brownies!