12.05.2010

Giving Thanks

Happy, VERY LATE, Thanksgiving everyone! We still have pie in the fridge! It was going to be a VERY big dinner for us, but the weather wasn't so nice to the family & friends traveling our way. At least they are all alive & well & that is the BEST thanksgiving I could ever ask for. We were able to spend the weekend with Jenny, Laura & Riley. It was so much fun cooking & baking...then eating & relaxing. Like I said earlier we still have pie left over. It took a LONG time to eat all the yummy food. We had planned on about 10-11 college kids, so we had a lot of meat that we had to cook. Needless to say I really didn't gain any more weight from all the food. John & I have still been sticking to our gym routine! Although I have to admit it has been very hard to go because it is very FROZEN here....So now it's December & still frozen. John has been working hard finishing up school this last week & working 2 jobs. I really admire him for all his hard work. As for me, I haven't been up to much...making Christmas cards...& just planning a day dream vacation to Hawaii...& now the secret is out on how we survive the winters here! We've been really horrible about taking pictures, but hopefully I'll remember the camera this holiday season & actually post pictures! We are going to stay here for Christmas & sleep that WHOLE day! Last year I read the culinary murder mystery books on Christmas...so if anyone has a suggestion for a good book to read this year comment & let me know! Ok that sums up our month. Hope everyone is staying warm & drinking LOTS of cocoa!

2 comments:

The Rileys said...

Hunger Games, for sure! I just got Heather hooked...but make sure you have all 3 so you don't have to wait for the next ones!

Anonymous said...

I liked Hunger Games too! Merry Christmas John and Colleen! This is such a fun time of year! Thinking of you and hoping all is well. I miss you! :)