5.14.2014

10 months (plus a little more)

So I wrote this post about a month ago, but blogger wouldn't upload any of my photos & posts are kinda pointless without them. I added a few new things we've been up to.


We have been having too much fun these days. (the weather has turned too cold for walks now) Taking lots of walks. Grant just loves being outside doing whatever. (He really loves looking out the window's and wishing for warmer weather) At first the grass was too scratchy for his little feet but he is getting use to it. Well he is almost 11 months now, but here is the updates for him at 10 months.
Weight: 16.5 lbs
Height: 28.5 in
Loves eating oatmeal, grandma's salsa (its kinda hot, but his kid LOVES it) yogurt, crackers, cereal, granola bars, really anything we eat, but not cheese...I think its a texture thing. (Now he has turned into a picky eater...suggestions are welcomed)  He has two bottom teeth now. (We see a few top ones on their way) He has taken so many steps but still wants to hold on to one of our fingers when he walks around. (We have a full blown walking baby on our hands & loving it!!!)  I give a few weeks b/f he is a pro. But now he thinks he can walk up the stairs...while holding onto us. He loves playing in the forts john makes for him. still has a little obsession with eating hair...good thing his grandpa is bald:) He loves pointing to everything & LOVES looking at all the pictures around the house (always giggles when he sees his cousins valentine on the fridge...he misses them) Grant is still a little active, happy guy. He is still sleeping through the night and napping less during the days...but we love it. Right now he is loving the will sneak off to play it. We can't believe he'll be 1 next month (a few weeks...how did this happen?)

Ok hope you got the updates in there. Here are some more.

We are now on the second round of ear infection's for our little guy. The last week in April we took him in & found a double middle ear infection. Exactly two weeks later (last fri.) we took him in again b/c he was acting like he had another one. Yup, but only in one ear this time (& he gained 1/2 lb in those two weeks!!!). He sure is a tough little dude. You really wouldn't know anything was the matter b/c he us just has happy & active as always. The only difference is he naps a few times during the day, which before kinda wasn't happening...so that has been really nice. 
In between ear infections we had a couple of play dates to the zoo & the pool. He loved the monkeys! 

As for John & I....
He has been doing some work for a member in the ward & is almost finished. 
John is also keeping busy with designing websites & learning lots of things in that realm & I don't understand most of it:) 

I have been soaking in my snuggle boy & just keeping him happy inside, since the weather is too cold for him right now. 

And for memory's sake I have to document my first mother's day. 
John made me crepes (BEST EVER) and took care of Grant while I was able to pamper myself a little bit before church. Church was filled with great speakers & lessons. John had to sub for youth sunday school & did an awesome job! For dinner we had lasagna & fixin's. During the day we skyped with his two siblings on missions & Grants beautiful birthmother! Without her selflessness & unconditional love for our little man, I wouldn't have been able to be a mother! It was a love filled day!

Now John & I are focused on youth conference (1 month away). We are really looking forward to it. 
I think that about sums up the last 2ish months. 
Now you can enjoy a billion photos of mostly Grant:)

He is one smart cookie...knows exactly what goes in the outlets...now just have to keep them away!






LOVES, LOVES, LOVES the wagon

















LOVING the curls!!!

John after work today
did a 5k with my brother

















1 comment:

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

We had crepes too! :) Grant looks like such a busy boy, all the pictures were so sweet.