I wanted to write this post next week, but I was feeling too grateful & had to share it now (plus baby G just went down for a good long nap)
I love reading what people post on Facebook about they are thankful for during this whole month. I love this time of year because it brings out the best (&worst, but lets focus on the best) of people. I love that this is National Adoption Month!!! I love this month & how it holds a very special day in our hearts...the Saturday AFTER Thanksgiving.
(sorry if you've heard this before but I love it)
We can't believe it's been almost a whole year since that one phone call. John & I were lying in bed, because that's what you do when you eat too much, right? It was in the afternoon & our phone rang. We weren't expecting this call for several more years, but it came that day. There were lots of tears & prayers & laughing. Mostly there was a feeling of love from our Heavenly Father. John & I could finally see a bit of His plan for us & what the last 5 years had been about. It made for the BEST Thanksgiving in our lives!
So now as we reflect on this past year, our jaws are dropped below the floor & our hearts are exploding with gratitude. The miracles that happened to bring baby G into our home are too numerous to count. I am sure there are so many more that we haven't even realized yet.
Today as I was playing with my sweet baby G, I had to hug him just a little longer & kiss his bald (marble-white as his cousins call him) head a couple hundred more times. I really do love my life. I love being a wife to the best man I know. I love being a mother to the spunkiest little boy. I love that we have a little family because of a strong, selfless beautiful young lady who we LOVE more than she knows. I love that we have a Heavenly Father who is very mindful of all of us & never stops loving us. I love the life He has so graciously given me.
Hoping everyone reading this feels that love too!
Happy THANKSgiving.

No comments:
Post a Comment