4.18.2012

Really? Where are the manners?

In my job you just learn to expect certain things, people lying straight to your face, people throwing papers in your face & calling you a thief, people telling you that you don't understand because you don't have a high school degree, you know the normal collection day to day operations. I have learned to actually love my job because I take a different approach to it. I am here to calm these frustrated individuals and help them in any way I can, if they are willing to to help themselves & learn to be responsible & somewhat civil. I can deal with all this because in the end they usually come around and thank me for being kind & even introduce their family to me at a restaurant or smile at me at the store. What I can't stand are those naughty words that are said to my face or over the phone or in this case this morning I was putting in payments & came upon one of our bills sent back with a big '*&^% you' on it. Really? Where are their manners? I know they are probably frustrated with the bill or something with the service of the client, but really? Manners are a lost gem now a days & I can't wait to teach them to our children so they don't grow up & have someone say to them "Really?" I have told John several times that I will conduct an etiquette class for our children in all stages of life. Why don't they have those anymore? I think our society would be a lot better off if everyone took one of those classes, don't you?  Ok so enough of my ramblings. I will have more happier picture filled posts this weekend.

No comments: