7.04.2010

Friends, Freedom & Final Day!

Happy 4Th of July everyone! I was sitting in church today listening to those bear testimony of this great country we live in & couldn't help but feel over joyed to be in a family where so many men are serving our country! One lady related how our Heavenly Father gave His precious for His precious. Just like those who fight for our FREEDOM. Thank you to those who serve our country with pride. We love you!

Today was our FINAL DAY in primary. We were released this morning. How grateful we are to have served there & were able to learn so much from those sweet spirits. It was a bitter sweet moment. When we were walking home from church & our old bishop stopped his car just to say thanks for serving in the primary! John & I had to laugh b/c we joke around that everyone has forgotten about us since we've been down there so long! Thanks Bro. E for remembering who we are! I guess I have to get use to being in Relief Society again...weird...but exciting!

On Friday we went camping with our great FRIENDS Mike & Amanda in Island Park. What a GORGEOUS place! We found a great location away from all the hustle & bustle. After we set up the tent & started staking it into the ground we found the ground was a bit too rock solid, so we had to improvise...see pics...& the next morning as we were heading out the battery died. Not the best time to be secluded from the world. We didn't wait long b/f someone came along to help jump the car. Thank you! Then we took a nice drive to Mesa Falls & walked around. That was a BEAUTIFUL place. After we got home we pretty much napped for the rest of the day. It was such a wonderful weekend.

We don't have to work tomorrow!!!But laundry, cleaning, homework are on the schedule...can you even call that a day off? Well I hope everyone had a great holiday!

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Fourth of July
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Digital scrapbook personalized with Smilebox

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

ooooooooh! We are going to miss you in Primary sooooooo much! But I can't thank you enough for your awesome service with the kids. You two are pretty much rock stars in my book! :D

Kristen said...

Kailani is SO sad. She will really miss you. However, I am sure grateful you accepted your new calling. :)