Most people think we are CRAZY, but we have our little quirky traditions for the holidays. Our favorite holiday is CHRISTMAS! It is just a happy time and is so short. So our very first Christmas we decided we wanted to celebrate it just a little longer than most folks, so we put up our Christmas decorations and tree the first monday in November! I am sitting here looking at the twinkle lights and can't help but smile and remember all those holiday memories with family and now with just us.
And that's pretty much all we've been up to. We had one good snow fall right before Halloween, but it melted. Oh for Halloween we went over to our boss's mother in law's (she is really old) and passed out candy so she wouldn't have to get up so much (she tends to fall over). We had a lot of fun! John and I also have been working on our food storage and 72 kits. There is so much I never would have thought of! It has been a lot of fun to plan it out together. They just opened a new food storage store...it's AMAZING! Who knew there was such a thing as Margarine Powder? I also have been working on some scrapbooking and christmas cards. This weekend we are going to make our stockings (finally!) We are also counting down til Elder Coleman returns with honor from Brazil in 13 days!!! We won't be able to see him until next year, but at least we can chit chat with him! For Thanksgiving we are having some friends over and I am going to "ATTEMPT" to make a turkey for the first time, but I am making a ham as back up! If anyone has some good tips on turkey's please let me know.
Sorry we haven't had pictures for a while. I'll be sure to take more during the holidays. Hope everyone stays warm and have fun getting ready for the holiday seasons!
3 comments:
We are super excited for Christmas too! And, good luck on that turkey for thanksgiving! I have never attempted to do one either-you are braver than I!! Love you :)
Okay, so I was totally JUST talking to Stew and said, I bet John and Colleen already have their Christmas tree up - lol. Have fun making stockings and cooking turkey!
Your blog is looking so stinkin' cute! Now you need to update it ;) Love you guys!
Post a Comment