11.20.2008

Surprises

John never ceases to surprise me day to day, but last weekend it was a wonderful surprise! On Friday we were planning on going on a date to the temple and my favorite Mexican restaurant. It was so cute, John knocked on the door and everything! We got in the car and he began driving to Idaho Falls. I though, hm mm, well theres a temple there too so OK. Then before we got off on an exit he had me close my eyes for a very long time. One point he got out and did something for a bit, but I was a good wife and kept my eyes closed. So we drove away and then I could open my eyes and he told the place we wanted to eat at was too packed and there was long wait. So we went to a go cart/ arcade place. That was so much fun. He beat me. After that he drove by the "packed" restaurant and it was pretty empty. I thought that was weird. So we ate and then after dinner he made me close my eyes one more time. I was thinking, " what about the temple, its getting late". Then he put something in my hand and I couldn't feel to see what it was. A few minutes later we parked and I opened my eyes to see hotel keys in my hand! He booked us a weekend in Idaho Falls!! It was so nice to relax and not have to worry about anything but having fun together. He impressed me so much by packing a suitcase for me too. He even packed my hair straightener! What a husband. We had a blast last weekend going to sites around the town we had never been to before, like the Idaho museum (it was awesome). I am so blessed to have John as my eternal companion and best friend! I wake up sometimes wondering how I got so lucky, but hey I can't complain. He is the best and I love him so much. Ok so that was my surprise weekend!!
(and in the picture you can see I chopped my hair off !!)

2 comments:

Sharlyn said...

What a sweet husband...how fun!

The Rileys said...

What a good brother! Your haircut looks so cute by the way and we so missed you guys at thanksgiving!